I vacationed at "The Little House" at 958-1/2 Ocean Boulevard, on Plaice Cove, in Hampton NH. It was advertised on HomeAway.com. It cost $2200 for a week -- not cheap considering you can get a Caribbean vacation for two including airfare for about that price. I vacationed there in July 2013 with my wife and 2-year-old child.
It was a nightmare vacation!Here's why:
- Way more "rustic" than the listing let on
- Dangerous for young children
- Rocky beach, practically impossible to walk into the water barefoot
- Massive construction project blocking the beach
- Owner/landlord Susan Koster was unresponsive and unwilling to make things right
I tried to work things out with the owner/landlord, Susan Koster, during and after the vacation. But even though Susan Koster seemed sweet and accommodating during "the courtship," before all the paperwork was signed and payments were sent, she disappeared when the sh*t hit the fan, and she was totally unwilling to consider a reimbursement of any of the rental fee after learning about my unsatisfactory experience.
My only recourse now is to post an accurate review expressing my disappointment with my vacation. Maybe it will give me some peace of mind, and maybe it will save some other poor sucker from falling for it and renting this place in the future.